As we are approaching thanksgiving, i wanted to share with you one of my family's favorite dishes at this great time of year. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 3-4 Large – approx. 2 Lb. red skinned sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 Inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons =1/4 stick unsalted butter-room temperature
- 1 can (300ml) Eagle Brand sweetened condensed Milk
- Pinch of Sea salt or kosher style salt
- 5 Tablespoon Demara natural brown sugar
- Whole Pecans
- Yields: 6-8 servings
Cook sweet potatoes in large pot of boiling water until tender (on soft side), about 20 minutes
Drain and transfer potatoes into Mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoon unsalted Butter
Add whole can of 300ml. sweetened condensed milk. Light pinch of sea salt
Using Mixer –beat until smooth.
Spread mixture evenly into appropriate size Corning ware (oven proof) dish
Arrange Pecans shingle like over the whole top of whipped sweet potatoes
Sprinkle lightly with Brown sugar – too much creates an unpleasant crust
Bake in 350 Fahrenheit Oven for approx. 30 Minutes – serve warm
Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving!